Monday, November 30, 2009

Best, Easiest Biscuits EVER!!! And Gluten-Free!

OMG I just made the best biscuits I have ever eaten. And I did it pretty much by accident.

I took a couple tablespoons of butter (salted, not unsalted), softened a bit in the microwave. Then I added about 1/2 cup Pantry Gluten-Free French Bread and Pizza Mix (which is mostly white rice flour, so that should work fine too) and about 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.

I crumbled this with my fingers and then added a bit of half and half. (2 tablespoons or so) I remembered not to work the dough too much, so I did the two mixing parts quickly.

I mixed this up quickly, and formed two small biscuits (next time I will made a bigger batch, I can tell you!). I baked them about 12 minutes in 350 degree oven, then another 8 after I flipped them over.

I absolutely did not anticipate how DELICIOUS these would be. So when I took a bite, I was shocked. So easy and so amazingly GOOD!!! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment